The Dhammapada, Series 8
- Osho calls the incomparable Dhammapada sutras of Buddha, "the book of books." He explains that these sutras are concerned with every aspect of man's unawareness, and that Buddha's whole message is devoted to the raising of our consciousness. To enter into the Dhammapada with Osho is to witness a deep friendship of enlightened masters. These sutras were compiled by Buddha's disciples to contain the essence of all his teachings. This was the last turning of the Wheel of Dharma, 2,500 years ago. Osho's commentaries on these sutras set the Wheel of Dharma in motion again. Osho also answers questions from disciples and other seekers in alternate discourses all generously sprinkled with stories, personal anecdotes and, of course, a multitude of jokes. Visually this boxed set is stunning, without doubt a collector's set, and twelve volumes to dive into for years to come.
- Read this book as PDF or create a free account at osho.com to read the book online.
- Later published as part of Osho Books on CD-ROM.
- Part of the twelve-volume boxed set The Dhammapada.
- time period of Osho's original talks/writings
- Dec 21, 1979 to Jan 2, 1980 (No dates are given in the book) : timeline
- number of discourses/chapters
- 13 (see table of contents)
The Dhammapada, Series 8
. . . cover: The Way of the Buddha
table of contents
| edition 1991.01
|1||Discontent Is Divine||21 Dec 1979 am||Buddha Hall, Pune||1h 44min||audio|
|2||The Who Behind All Who's||22 Dec 1979 am||Buddha Hall, Pune||1h 34min||audio|
|3||Freedom Has to Be Earned||23 Dec 1979 am||Buddha Hall, Pune||1h 32min||audio|
|4||A Madman's Guide||24 Dec 1979 am||Buddha Hall, Pune||1h 31min||audio|
|5||Be in the World and Be Holy||25 Dec 1979 am||Buddha Hall, Pune||1h 26min||audio|
|6||I Call a Spade a Spade||26 Dec 1979 am||Buddha Hall, Pune||1h 28min||audio|
|7||You Have Slept Long Enough||27 Dec 1979 am||Buddha Hall, Pune||1h 32min||audio|
|8||Out of Chaos Stars Are Born||28 Dec 1979 am||Buddha Hall, Pune||1h 16min||audio|
|9||Sannyas Is for Sannyas' Sake||29 Dec 1979 am||Buddha Hall, Pune||1h 14min||audio|
|10||Towards a New Humanity||30 Dec 1979 am||Buddha Hall, Pune||1h 49min||audio|
|11||The Psychology of Egolessness||31 Dec 1979 am||Buddha Hall, Pune||1h 49min||audio|
|12||Rivers Don't Exist||1 Jan 1980 am||Buddha Hall, Pune||1h 36min||audio|
|13||All Words Are Lies||2 Jan 1980 am||Buddha Hall, Pune||1h 47min||audio|