The Dhammapada Vol 01 ~ 09
|date & time||29 Jun 1979 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 47min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutras: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- As the fletcher whittles
- And makes straight his arrows,
- So the master directs
- His straying thoughts.
- Like a fish out of water,
- Stranded on the shore,
- Thoughts thrash and quiver.
- For how can they shake off desire?
- They tremble, they are unsteady,
- They wander at their will.
- It is good to control them.
- And to master them brings happiness.
- But how subtle they are,
- How elusive!
- The task is to quieten them,
- And by ruling them to find happiness.
- With singlemindedness
- The master quells his thoughts.
- He ends their wandering.
- Seated in the cave of the heart,
- He finds freedom.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|