The Dhammapada Vol 03 ~ 01
|date & time||11 Aug 1979 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 48min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutras: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- The wise man tells you
- Where you have fallen
- And where you yet may fall --
- Invaluable secrets!
- Follow him, follow the way.
- Let him chasten and teach you
- And keep you from mischief.
- The world may hate him
- But good men love him.
- Do not look for bad company
- Or live with men who do not care.
- Find friends who love the truth.
- Drink deeply.
- Live in serenity and joy.
- The wise man delights in the truth
- And follows the law of the awakened.
- The farmer channels water to his land.
- The fletcher whittles his arrows.
- And the carpenter turns his wood.
- So the wise man directs his mind.
- The wind cannot shake a mountain.
- Neither praise nor blame moves the wise man.
- He is clarity.
- Hearing the truth,
- He is like a lake,
- Pure and tranquil and deep.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|