The Dhammapada Vol 04 ~ 09
|date & time||30 Aug 1979 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 54min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutras: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- He who goes naked,
- With matted hair, mud-bespattered,
- Who fasts and sleeps on the ground
- And smears his body with ashes
- And sits in endless meditation --
- So long as he is not free from doubts,
- He will not find freedom.
- But he who lives purely and self-assured
- In quietness and virtue,
- Who is without harm or hurt or blame,
- Even if he wears fine clothes,
- So long as he also has faith
- He is a true seeker.
- A noble horse rarely
- Feels the touch of the whip.
- Who is there in this world as blameless?
- Then like a noble horse
- Smart under the whip,
- Burn and be swift.
- Believe, meditate, see.
- Be harmless, be blameless.
- Awake to the law.
- And from all sorrow free yourself.
- The farmer channels water to his land.
- The fletcher whittles his arrows.
- The carpenter turns his wood.
- And the wise man masters himself.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|