The Fish in the Sea Is Not Thirsty ~ 01
|date & time||11 Apr 1979 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 45min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutras: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- I laugh when I hear that the fish in the water
- Is thirsty.
- You don't grasp the fact that what is most
- Alive of all is inside your own house;
- And so you walk from one holy city to the next
- With a confused look!
- Kabir will tell you the truth: Go wherever you
- Like, to Calcutta or Tibet;
- If you can't find where your soul is hidden,
- For you the world will never be real!
- I don't know what sort of a god we have been
- Talking about.
- The caller calls in a loud voice to the holy one
- At dusk.
- Why? Surely the holy one is not deaf.
- He hears the delicate anklets that ring on the
- Feet of an insect as it walks.
- Go over and over your beads, paint weird designs
- On your forehead,
- Wear your hair matted, long, and ostentatious,
- But when deep inside you there is a loaded gun,
- How can you have god?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|Next in series ►|