The Gateless Gate
- Beloved Bhakti,
- Be in the crowd as if you are alone.
- And vice versa.
- Receive a guest with the same attitude you have when alone. And, when alone, maintain the same attitude you have in receiving guests
- In this way, the drop drops in the Ocean.
- (Osho, letter 7)
- translated from
- Probably all original English, see discussion.
- Read this book as PDF or create a free account at osho.com to read the book online.
- "A collection of thirty immortal letters written by Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh to different seekers all over the world."
- Letters have 1 to 2 pages in the booklet, with date and addressee.
- Later published as part of A Cup of Tea.
- For the publishing history of each letter, addressees and other info, see A Cup of Tea (sources).
- time period of Osho's original talks/writings
- Aug 17, 1970 to May 16, 1971 : timeline
- number of discourses/chapters
- 30 (see table of contents)
The Gateless Gate
(Collection of Thirty immortal Letters)
table of contents
| edition 1971.05**
|1||Just Be Aware and Await||17 Aug 1970||unknown||Ma Yoga Bhakti, New York|
|2||Let Meditation Be Thy Very Existence||25 Oct 1970||unknown||Ma Saraswati, Paris|
|3||Let the Meditation Ripen You||25 Oct 1970||unknown||Dr. Jean Georges Henrotte, Paris|
|4||Say Wholeheartedly: 'Thy Will be Done'||27 Oct 1970||unknown||Ma Yoga Bhakti, New York|
|5||The Call from Beyond Has Come||27 Nov 1970||unknown||Ma Ananda Prema, New York|
|6||Freedom from Becoming||7 Jan 1971||unknown||Shree Dharmendra Tukaram Dhokhe, Poona, India|
|7||In This Way, the Ocean Drops into the Drop||15 Jan 1971||unknown||Ma Yoga Bhakti, New York|
|8||Be Open, and Let Things Happen||16 Jan 1971||unknown||Ma Yoga Bhakti, New York|
|9||Carefulness for Spiritual Crisis||27 Jan 1971||unknown||Ma Atmananda, New York|
|10||Ecstacy and Bliss of Living Moment to Moment||27 Jan 1971||unknown||Docteur C. Guinebert, Paris|
|11||Spiritual Sleep and Constant Awareness||28 Jan 1971||unknown||Ma Ananda Prema, New York|
|12||Meditation Is Encountering Yourself in Total Nakedness||25 Feb 1971||unknown||Ma Yoga Bhakti, New York|
|13||Divineness and Beauty of Being No-Body||14 Apr 1971||unknown||Swami Krishna Christ, New York|
|14||Dance in Ecstasy to Welcome the Divine Happening||16 Apr 1971||unknown||Ma Yoga Tao, North Carolina, U.S.A.|
|15||Surrender Happens||16 Apr 1971||unknown||Ma Yoga Tao, North Carolina, U.S.A.|
|16||Life Is Playful and Festive||16 Apr 1971||unknown||Ma Yoga Mukta, New York|
|17||Ego -- the Creator of All the Agonies||16 Apr 1971||unknown||Ma Yoga Bhakti, New York|
|18||Transcendence of Death||17 Apr 1971||unknown||Mrs. Kusum, Ludhiana, India|
|19||Jump into the Unknown||17 Apr 1971||unknown||Ma Yoga Bhakti, New York|
|20||The Way to Ecstacy on and Divine Intoxication||18 Apr 1971||unknown||Ma Yoga Bhakti, New York|
|21||Opening of the Locked Doors of the Past Lives||19 Apr 1971||unknown||Ma Yoga Mukta, New York|
|22||I Am the Gate -- the Emptiness||19 Apr 1971||unknown||Ma Yoga Bhakti, New York|
|23||Go on Discarding -- Until the Nothingness||19 Apr 1971||unknown||Ma Krishna Karuna, Bombay|
|24||Be Free of the Mind - Prison||26 Apr 1971||unknown||Mr. Michael Graham, London|
|25||I Knock Your Door||14 May 1971||unknown||Ma Dhyana Siddhi, New York|
|26||Transcendence of Death Through Acceptance||15 May 1971||unknown||Ma Dhyana Siddhi, New York|
|27||Kneeling down of the Ego||15 May 1971||unknown||Ma Dhyana Siddhi, New York|
|28||Meditation of Conscious Dreaming||16 May 1971||unknown||Ma Dhyana Siddhi, New York|
|29||Authentic Being -- Through Meditation||19 Apr 1971||unknown||Ma Dhyana Siddhi, New York|
|30||The Gateless Gate||25 Apr 1971||unknown||Shree Inderraj Anand, Bombay|
- ** The book has no table of contents. Titles are those above the chapters.