The Inward Revolution
- Questioner: "But what is the difference between the conviction and the experience? And how can one transform this conviction into an experience?"
- Bhagwan: "I say there is no 'how', because 'how' implies some method. There is an awakening; There is no 'how'. If you are listening to me and some feeling comes to you, then this might be the experience of Truth. (...)
- Why should this happen to you? There are two reasons: either you are convinced by my argument or you see it as a fact in yourself. (...)
- If what I am saying is experienced by you, that knowledge is something apart from me. I am not the knowledge. This is happening as an experience while I am talking. (...)
- When the intellect is convinced, it asks 'how'. What is the method? It wants to know. But I am not giving you any argument. I am just telling you my experience.
- "A series of twelve discourses by Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, in which he is interviewed by various sannyasins and visitors from Norway, the U.S.A., France and Japan."
- The chapters are not in chronological order, for the dates see the table of contents below, or see Osho Timeline 1970, 1971 and 1972.
- Later published as Psychology of the Esoteric and The Psychology of the Esoteric, extensively edited and in a different order. See it's discussion for a comparison of these books.
- Ch.3, 8 and 12 published in The Silent Explosion as ch.5, 7 and q.1 of ch.4 respectevily (although ch.12 is abridged there).
- time period of Osho's original talks/writings
- Jul 24, 1970 to Mar 12, 1972 : timeline
- number of discourses/chapters
- 12 (see table of contents)
The Inward Revolution
table of contents
| edition 1973.05
|1||The Pathless Path
||24 Jul 1970 pm||Bombay||1h 18min||audio|
|2||What Is Meditation?
||4 Feb 1971 pm||Bombay||0h 20min||audio|
|3||Sex, Love, Prayer and Beyond: Through Meditation
||14 Feb 1971 pm||Woodlands, Bombay||unknown||none|
|4||Mysteries of Dream in the Seven Bodies - 1
||25 Jul 1970 pm||Bombay||1h 7min||audio|
|5||Mysteries of Dream in the Seven Bodies - 2
||26 Jul 1970 pm||Bombay||0h 27min||audio|
|6||Tensions and Relaxation in the Seven Bodies
||16 Sep 1970 pm||Bombay||unknown||none|
|7||The Courage to Be Alone
||25 Feb 1971 pm||Bombay||unknown||none|
|8||The Windows of Religion and the Sky of Truth
||9 Jan 1971 pm||Woodlands, Bombay||unknown||none|
|9||Mind-Created Fallacies of Language and Logic
||Dec 1971 pm||Bombay||unknown||none|
|10||Consciousness Is Freedom and Love Is Divine||21 Oct 1971 pm||Bombay||0h 24min||audio|
|11||The Crisis of Western Rationality and Eastern Irrationality
||12 Mar 1972 pm||Bombay||0h 25min||audio|
|12||The Inward Revolution
||10 Feb 1971 pm||Woodlands, Bombay||0h 27min||audio|