The Last Testament (Vol 4) ~ 21
|date & time||1 Dec 1985 am|
|location||Span Resort, Manali (HP)|
|audio||Missing, possibly available.|
|video||Missing, possibly available.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- CD-ROM on this chapter: Transcriber's note: There is some text missing during a tape change. Elisabeth Bumiller supplied, from her notes, the missing text. This is given at the end of this transcript. (In synopsis below they are q.11-20.)
- CD-ROM on this chapter: Interview with Elizabeth Bumiller, Washington Post.
- Question 1
- Bhagwan, what do you plan to do with the rest of your life?
- Question 2
- Are you going to buy land here?
- Question 3
- Would you like to buy land here, in the Himalayas?
- Question 4
- Why did you select the alley of the gods?
- Question 5
- In what sense has it selected you?
- Question 6
- How do you look back on your experience in the United States?
- Question 7
- Well, after this period of recuperation, do you think your feelings about the United States will change?
- Question 8
- How do you think your experience in the United States changed you, if it did?
- Question 9
- How did the experience change you, yourself?
- Question 10
- The United States had no effect on you?
- Question 11
- Describing the experience of march 21, 1953.
- Question 12
- I asked where he was when it happened.
- Question 13
- How is your experience similar to Buddha's experience?
- Question 14
- "How many people are close to enlightenment among your disciples?"
- Question 15
- "When will that happen?"
- Question 16
- "Are there any disciples here who are very close, in this group?"
- Question 17
- I asked him to explain how his sexual philosophy was similar to tantric philosophy...
- Question 18
- But in tantric philosophy they don't believe in orgasm... If you have orgasm you have failed in the goal of ultimate union and spirituality.
- Question 19
- You have said that you have loved more than anyone else...
- Question 20
- Has there been anyone that you have loved more intensely?
- Question 21
- Have you loved more intensely anyone else?
- Question 22
- Is there one person in particular that you have been closest to?
- Question 23
- Everyone has been equal?
- Question 24
- But there isn't one special person that you have loved, more than anyone else?
- Question 25
- Well, have there been um, top five? Have there been special few?
- Question 26
- Could you please just comment on all the allegations of orgies, and sexual violence in your commune, among your disciples.
- Question 27
- What about Poona?
- Question 28
- Was she raped?
- Question 29
- Did you ever participate?
- Question 30
- Why did you stop these kinds of groups in Oregon?
- Question 31
- On another subject; can you explain briefly the connection between materialism and spirituality, as you see it?
- Question 32
- Well, I guess what I want you to talk about is, um, is your philosophy of affluence, and why do the press say that you dislike the poor.
- Question 33
- Well, what is your principal objection to Mother Teresa?
- Question 34
- What is your solution to world poverty?
- Question 35
- What do you want to do about all these poor people, five hundred million poor people?
- Question 36
- On another subject, on Sheela... What went wrong? Where it began to go wrong with Sheela and you, and what was the basis of it?
- Question 37
- On American television, you said that the reason... one of the reasons that there is a problem with Sheela was because she had always wanted to have sex with you, but you...
- Question 38
- None of that was true?
- Question 39
- Are you sorry you said that?
- Question 40
- You also compared her to Adolf Hitler and called her a bitch and everything.... Do you still feel that way about her?
- Question 41
- Why didn't you see this earlier?
- Question 42
- Right. She also alleged that there was a lot of drug use on the ranch and that you were on drugs.
- Question 43
- Do you think she was in love with you? Or was she a man-hater as you said on the television?
- Question 44
- Male homosexuals...
- Question 45
- There was an article in a magazine called This week, an Indian magazine which said she had videotaped people at the ranch in lovemaking and the other thing was that she had been spreading AIDS trying to spread AIDS.
- Question 46
- She took fifty million with her to Germany?
- Question 47
- What is the significance of the color red?
- Question 48
- Why do they all wear it?
- Question 49
- Do you feel badly about your disciples out at the ranch in Oregon, that they're all leaving now?
- Question 50
- Well, do you feel bad that you have abandoned them?
- Question 51
- Do you feel like your religion, your philosophy is going to die out now because the ranch has closed down?
- Question 52
- Do you feel that Jesus was enlightened?
- Question 53
- Why not?
- Question 54
- No... You have said before that you were a God and now you say you're not a God...
- Question 55
- Do you know how much money you have now? How much money is left?
- Question 56
- Yes, but there was money... Your organization did...
- Question 57
- So you know that Sheela took fifty million, but you don't know how much is left after what she took.
- Question 58
- Did you try to convert anybody or talk to anybody about...
- Question 59
- Why did they do that?
- Question 60
- So you accepted the immigration violations and the...
- Question 61
- So you pled guilty to all of them...
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|