The Man of Truth
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Osho transforms questions from the world’s media into exchanges of remarkable depth. He uses the opportunity to give worldwide exposure to his radical, far-reaching vision. Facing the most remarkable interviewee they are ever likely to meet, a few journalists are seen to flounder as they sense they are losing their grip on the proceedings. But many become fascinated and delighted by the realization that they are spending precious time with a unique and extraordinarily ordinary being who is sharing his inimitable vision of world events, human relationships, and the art of being a seeker whilst living in the thick of the challenges of the contemporary world.
- With his enlightened gift for repartee and some exquisitely timed insights, Osho transforms any attempts at shallow sensationalism into an opportunity for exchanges of a remarkable depth, and uses the opportunity to give worldwide exposure to his radical, far-reaching vision.
- In these times of information overload, when a daily newspaper can seem outdated before it reaches the shelves, the words in this book are as fresh and relevant today as they were on the day they were spoken. In fact, they continue to be far ahead of their time.
- This book contains a selection of interviews with the world press from Rajneeshpuram (Oregon), Mecklenburg County Jail (Charlotte, North Carolina) and from Manali (HP< India). Most have never been published in book format.
- Previously published on the CD-ROM:
- ch.1-6 published there as ch.1, 4, 11, 13, 17 and 30 of The Last Testament (Vol 1) respectively;
- ch.7-12 published there as ch.2, 6, 9, 10, 12 and 25 of The Last Testament (Vol 2) respectively;
- ch.13 published there as ch.11 of The Last Testament (Vol 3);
- ch.14 and 15 published there as ch.6 and 10 of Press Conferences respectively.
- Ch.1-5, 8 previously published in book format in The Last Testament, Vol 1 as ch.1, 13, 22, 24, 28 and 4 respectively.
- time period of Osho's original talks/writings
- Jul 17, 1985 to Nov 25, 1985 + Dec 28, 1986 : timeline
- number of discourses/chapters
- 15 (see table of contents)
The Man of Truth
A Majority of One
table of contents
| edition 2008
|Preface||Sermons in Stones ~ 29 (extract)|
|1||An Ordinary Man||17 Jul 1985, 19:00||Jesus Grove, Rajneeshpuram||1h 33min||video|
|2||Come Again and Again||21 Jul 1985 pm||Jesus Grove, Rajneeshpuram||0h 54min||video|
|3||No God but Godliness||28 Jul 1985 pm||Jesus Grove, Rajneeshpuram||1h 49min||video|
|4||America Is a Hypocrite||30 Jul 1985 pm||Jesus Grove, Rajneeshpuram||1h 44min||video|
|5||You Are Alive||3 Aug 1985 pm||Jesus Grove, Rajneeshpuram||1h 54min||video|
|6||Live It, Enjoy It||20 Aug 1985 pm||Jesus Grove, Rajneeshpuram||1h 42min||video|
|7||You Are Your Own Authority||22 Aug 1985 pm||Jesus Grove, Rajneeshpuram||1h 52min||video|
|8||The Intelligent Way||26 Aug 1985 pm||Jesus Grove, Rajneeshpuram||1h 52min||video|
|9||Here Now||29 Aug 1985 pm||Jesus Grove, Rajneeshpuram||1h 49min||video|
|10||A Man like Me Cannot Be Ignored||30 Aug 1985 pm||Jesus Grove, Rajneeshpuram||1h 47min||video|
|11||God Is the Greatest Lie||1 Sep 1985 pm||Jesus Grove, Rajneeshpuram||1h 44min||video|
|12||The Value of Freeedom||15 Sep 1985 pm||Sanai Grove, Rajneeshpuram||1h 38min||video|
|13||Don't Believe in Me||1 Oct 1985 pm||Sanai Grove, Rajneeshpuram||1h 58min||video|
|14||An Unwelcome Guest||29 Oct 1985 am||Mecklenburg County Jail,
Charlotte, North Carolina
|unknown||partly on video|
|15||A Worldwide Phenomenon||25 Nov 1985 am **||Manali (HP)||1h 9min||audio|