The Messiah Vol 1 ~ 05
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time
|10 Jan 1987 pm
|Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Pune
|Available, duration 2h 18min. Quality: good.
|Available, duration 2h 20min. Quality: not so good.
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Reader of the sutras: Sw Anand Vimal.
- The sutra
- And others came also and entreated him. But he answered them not. He only bent his head; and those who stood near saw his tears falling upon his breast.
- And he and the people proceeded towards the great square before the temple.
- And there came out of the sanctuary a woman whose name was Almitra. And she was a seeress.
- And he looked upon her with exceeding tenderness, for it was she who had first sought and believed in him when he had been but a day in their city.
- And she hailed him, saying:
- Prophet of God, in quest of the uttermost, long have you searched the distances for your ship.
- And now your ship has come, and you must needs go.
- Deep is your longing for the land of your memories and the dwelling-place of your greater desires; and our love would not bind you nor our needs hold you.
- Yet this we ask ere you leave us, that you speak to us and give us of your truth.
- And we will give it unto our children, and they unto their children, and it shall not perish.
- In your aloneness you have watched with our days, and in your wakefulness you have listened to the weeping and the laughter of our sleep.
- Now therefore disclose us to ourselves, and tell us all that has been shown you of that which is between birth and death.
- And he answered:
- People of Orphalese, of what can I speak save of that which is even now moving within your souls?
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series
|Next in series ►