The Miracle ~ 08
|event type||discourse & meditation|
|date & time||9 Aug 1988 pm|
|location||Gautam the Buddha Auditorium, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 29min. Quality: good, but a constant noise (under revision).|
Osho leading meditation from 1:11:06.
Live music after the discourse.
|video||Available, duration 1h 30min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutra: Ma Prem Maneesha. Questions are being read by Osho himself.
After discourse Osho leads No-Mind Meditation.
- The sutra
- Yun-men said:
- My duty compels me to attempt the impossible. Even in telling you to look directly into yourself and to be unconcerned about other things, I am already burying the real thing under verbiage.
- If you proceed from thence and set out in quest of words and sentences, cudgeling your brains over their logical meanings, working out a thousand possibilities and ten thousand subtle distinctions, and creating endless questions and debates, all that you will gain thereby is a glib tongue, while at the same time you will be getting farther and farther away from the way, with no rest to your wandering....
- To follow the intentions and vagaries of your mind is to be separated from your self as far as the earth from the sky.
- But if you have really found your true self, then you can pass through fire without being burned, speak a whole day without really moving your lips and teeth, and without having really uttered a single word, wear your clothes and take your meal every day without really touching a single grain of rice or a single thread of silk. Even this talk is but a decoration on the door of our house. The important thing is your experiential realization of this state.
- Question 1
- Our Beloved Master, I can't remember when you last paused to look at your watch to decide whether to speak further or not.
- Does that mean we have been juicier to be with lately?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|