The Original Man ~ 05
|event type||discourse & meditation|
|date & time||20 Aug 1988 pm|
|location||Gautam the Buddha Auditorium, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 55min. Quality: good.|
Osho leading meditation from 1:41:05.
Live music after the discourse.
|video||Available, duration 2h 2min. Quality: good, but a constant audio-noise (under revision).|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutra: Ma Deva Anando. Questions are being read by Osho himself.
After discourse Osho leads No-Mind Meditation.
- The sutra
- Basui said:
- Upon such realization, question yourself even more intensely in this wise: "My body is like a phantom, like bubbles on a stream. My mind, looking into itself, is as formless as empty space, yet somewhere within, sounds are perceived. Who is hearing?"
- Should you question yourself in this wise, with profound absorption, never slackening the intensity of your effort, your rational mind eventually will exhaust itself and only questioning at the deepest level will remain.
- Finally, you will lose awareness of your own body. Your long-held conceptions and notions will perish, after absolute questioning, in the way that every drop of water vanishes from a tub broken open at the bottom. Perfect enlightenment will follow like flowers suddenly blooming on withered trees....
- While you are doing zazen, neither despise nor cherish the thoughts that arise; only search your own mind, the very source of these thoughts. You must understand that anything appearing in your consciousness or seen by your eyes is an illusion, of no enduring reality. Hence you should neither fear nor be fascinated by such phenomena. If you keep your mind as empty as space, unstained by extraneous matters, no evil spirits can disturb you, even on your deathbed. While engaged in zazen, however, keep none of this counsel in mind. You must only become the question, "what is this mind?" or, "what is it that hears these sounds?" When you realize this mind, you will know that it is the very source of all Buddhas and sentient beings.
- Question 1
- Our Beloved Master, last night you said that the transmission can happen in a second, that you reach out to us every day -- but still our doors are closed. So many of us have been with you so many years; you have melted our hearts so many times. Can it be that our doors have somehow rusted shut?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|