The Osho Upanishad ~ 10
|date & time||25 Aug 1986 pm|
|location||Sumila, Juhu, Bombay|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 52min. Quality: good.|
|video||Available, duration 1h 55min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, broadly speaking, as I understand it, there are two sets of rules: one for the outer world -- which is the man-made world concerned with earning money, rearing children, driving on a certain side of the road -- and a different set of rules for the inner world; for example, hypnosis, telepathy, mind-reading and so on, and for attaining inner growth of consciousness, leading finally to samadhi, enlightenment, nirvana.
- To live here, both rules have to be followed, and so it appears to me that friction is created.
- To my surprise, a Fukouku of Japan is doing what he calls "no-farming," or doing-nothing farming -- no ploughing, no weeding, no fertilization, no pesticides; and has had the highest yield in the last 25 years.
- Is such a thing also possible in other areas of activity such as business, medical practice, legal practice, service, etc? Is synchronization to some extent possible?
- Osho, can you please "enlighten" me?
- Question 2
- Beloved Osho, two sardarjis were driving along in the front seat of their car.
- As they approached a corner, the one who was driving said to his friend, "Sardarji, will you look out of the window and see if the indicator, the turn signal, is working?"
- He promptly leaned out of the window and looked at the indicator light and shouted back at his friend, "Yes it is -- no it's not, yes it is -- no it's not, yes it is -- no it's not."
- Osho, if anybody were to ask me whether I was witnessing or not, my answer would have to be the same: yes I am, no I'm not; yes I am, no I'm not.
- Is it like that all the way home?
- Question 3
- Beloved Osho, you had suggested to me to combine dancing and listening to music, and doing this keeps me happy. But I also have to move to the other side, of sadness.
- Whenever I go to sleep in the night awareness starts happening naturally and to avoid it I turn and toss in the bed. Sleep is difficult. What to do to forget awareness in the night?
- I also see that there is no harm in being awake in the night, and I sometimes enjoy it as new spaces are discovered. This awareness also keeps me silent and helps me avoid moving from happiness to sadness, and vice-versa. I prefer silence to moving from happiness to sadness because I hate sadness, even though it may be deeper.
- What are your suggestions about this? Osho, please comment.
- Question 4
- Beloved Osho, the more I am able to absorb you, the more thirsty I become. Please talk about meditation and passion.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|