The Osho Upanishad ~ 14
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time
|1 Sep 1986 pm
|Sumila, Juhu, Bombay
|Available, duration 1h 55min. Quality: good.
Live music after the discourse.
|Available, duration 1h 53min. Quality: good, but a constant audio-noise, Osho arriving and leaving are not good (under revision).
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, there is a statement by J. Krishnamurti that "The observer is the observed." Will you please kindly elaborate and explain what it means?
- Question 2 from Sw Govind Siddharth
- Beloved Osho, since you have spoken about the beard, it reminds me about the problem I face because of my beard.
- Due to my beard, my face has taken on some resemblance to yours. Some people come and prostrate themselves before me, mistaking me for you. In public places, some comment, "There goes Rajneesh!"
- I have compared my earlier photographs with yours, but I find no resemblance at all. At home there are many photographs of you, and anyone who visits my home remarks with surprise at why I have so many photographs of myself in my home. Even some sannyasins remark on the resemblance.
- In spite of being aware about all this, at least at my level, this creates mixed feelings in me -- like ego, pride, and a feeling of superiority.
- Is this some kind of mischief played by the beard, or is there a purpose?
- Beloved Osho, I am extremely grateful and full of gratitude for your unbounded compassion for me.
- Will you kindly explain what this is all about?
- Question 3 from Sw Govind Siddharth
- Beloved Osho, for years I have noticed that whenever I bow down and touch your feet, you have never put your hand on my head, which generally you do to others.
- But late on the night of your arrival in Bombay I suddenly felt your two hands put on my head, and with it a continuous lightning going on in my forehead at the third eye. First I thought that it must have been my imagination due to my deep longing to have your hand put on my head. But as the lightning was so strong I woke up, and became fully aware that it was actually happening.
- My heart was full of gratitude, and tears started rolling down. It was all so blissful and beyond words to describe it.
- In deep gratitude I bowed down and touched your feet, and slowly, slowly everything became normal.
- Early the following morning my five year-old daughter rushed to me and woke me up saying, "Your Osho has come to Bombay."
- Beloved Osho, please accept my deep gratitude for your unbounded compassion on me. If you feel at all that it is necessary, will you please kindly comment?
- Question 4 from Sw Govind Siddharth
- Secondly, all these years I have noticed that you address certain sannyasins, including me, by our original name, never using our sannyas name. Not only this, but you affix to our name "ji," "babu," "bhai" -- a sign of respect shown to elders.
- Beloved Osho, you being my respected and beloved master, I feel painfully awkward and as if I must be lacking something when you address me thus. Why is this so? Will you please kindly comment?
- Question 5 from Sw Govind Siddharth
- Beloved Osho, since shaktipat on that night I am feeling very lazy. For the whole day I lie down doing nothing. Even to eat or take a bath, I have to force myself. I cannot even do meditation techniques. Even if I forcibly try to do them, I am forced to leave them half way. All this is dropping off. A strange transformation is happening. My blood pressure fluctuates, the head remains hot all the time; the sex urge has increased. A different type of understanding -- or even better to say, experiencing -- is happening.
- So many things which I had understood with certain meanings before, have now been given an absolutely new meaning. A strange acceptance has come to life.
- I find there is nothing good or bad, nothing new or old: people are as they should be, and cannot be otherwise. I also feel now that people whom I had met before and worked with -- there was never a real meeting with them. I now realize that all of them were working with the same love and affection, in their own way, but I had my own conclusions and opinions about them -- and that was the hindrance in meeting and understanding them. For the first time I feel I have come to know them, what they were doing, and what they are doing cannot have been better than what it is.
- With this acceptance I have started feeling a strange type of love and affection towards everyone.
- Beloved Osho, what is happening to me? Am I really getting lazy or is it a reaction from one extreme to another extreme? -- or has the time come to let things happen?
- There is also a deeper and deeper and more increasing urge to just sit at your feet and let the grass grow by itself.
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series
|Next in series ►