The Path of Love ~ 05
|date & time||25 Dec 1976 am|
|location||Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 29min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutras: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutras
- I.98. Sadho, Sahajai Kaya Sodho
- O sadhu! Purify your body in the simple way.
- As the seed is within the banyan tree,
- And within the seed are the flowers,
- The fruits, and the shade;
- So the germ is within the body,
- And within that germ is the body again.
- The fire, the air, the water, the earth, and the aether;
- You cannot have these outside of him.
- O kazi, o pundit, consider it well:
- What is there that is not the soul?
- The water-filled pitcher is placed upon water,
- It has water within and water without.
- It should not be given a name,
- Lest it call forth the error of dualism.
- Kabir says: Listen to the word, the truth,
- Which is your essence.
- He speaks the word of himself;
- And he himself is the creator!
- I.102. Tarvar Ak Mul Bin Thada
- There is a strange tree which stands without roots
- And bears fruits without blossoming;
- It has not branches and no leaves,
- It is lotus all over.
- Two birds sing there; one is the guru,
- And the other the disciple:
- The disciple chooses the manifold fruits of life
- And tastes them, and the guru beholds him in joy.
- What Kabir says is hard to understand:
- The bird is beyond seeking,
- Yet it is most clearly visible.
- The formless is the midst of all forms,
- I sing the glory of forms.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|