The Revolution ~ 09
|date & time||19 Feb 1978 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 45min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutra: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- The darkness of night is coming along fast,
- And the shadows of love
- Close in the body and the mind.
- Open the window to the West, and disappear
- Into the air inside you.
- Near your breastbone there is an open flower.
- Drink the honey that is all around that flower.
- Waves are coming in:
- There is so much magnificence near the ocean.
- Listen: sound of immense seashells! Sound of bells
- Kabir says, 'Friend, listen,
- This is what I have to say:
- The guest I love is inside me!'
- Friend, hope for the guest while you are alive.
- Jump into experience while you are alive.
- Think and think while you are alive.
- What you call 'salvation'
- Belongs to the time before death.
- If you don't break your ropes while you're alive,
- Do you think ghosts
- Will do it after?
- The idea that the soul will join with the ecstatic
- Just because the body is rotten --
- That is all fantasy.
- What is found now is found then.
- If you find nothing now, you will simply end up
- With an apartment in the city of death.
- And if you make love with the divine now,
- In the next life you will have the face
- Of satisfied desire.
- Then plunge into the truth,
- Find out who the teacher is,
- Believe in the great sound!
- Kabir says this:
- 'When the guest is being searched for,
- It is the intensity of the longing for the guest
- That does all the work.
- Look at me...
- You will see a slave of that intensity.'
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|