The Spiritual Terrorist (1989)
- The Spiritual Terrorist - Australian Documentary, Poona, India. Quite an intelligent project, with lots of quotes of Osho's discourses relevant to the subject, the story of Osho's history, including Rajneeshpuram, what happened in America, the World Tour,
- In the film, an Australian family is followed, where the husband, Matthew, has decided to go to Poona. The wife, Carol is 7 months pregnant and is against his going as "Bhagwan is very much against the nuclear family", and she needs her husband to be there.
- "One of the attractions here is that spirituality can be fun."
- Matthew is followed on the journey to Bombay and Poona, walking through the Commune, going to discourse, doing meditations. He is shown writing home, his wife is very worried that he will lose his head and will not come back.
- Pictures of the building of Osho's new bedroom. Pictures of the library, Osho signing a book he read.
- At the end, Matthew receives sannyas from Ma Prem Zareen, has a big laugh. And goes happily back to his wife and children. THE END.
- 56 min
(c) 1989 Cynthia Connop and Vision Quest Films. Australian Film Finance Corporation Pty Ltd.
- Vision Quest Films, P.M.B. 109/60 Blair street, North Bondi, Australia 2025
- Devageet, Rajneesh's Dentist
- Samvado, Ex-CIA Agent
- Turiya, Former Princess of Hanover
- Anando, Rajneesh's Secretary
- Sw Siddhartha (girlfriend Ma Salina, mother Ma Neerja)
- 17m 14s Shots of Osho's mother talking, with Sw Chaitanya Keerti translating
- Ma Alima
- Sw Prem Niren Rajneesh's Lawyer
- Produced and Directed by Cnythia Connop
- Cinematographer: Tony Wilson A.C.S.
- Editor: David Lourie
- Sound Recordist: Ian Wilson
- Associate Producer / Narration Script: Jack Allen
- Production Consultant: Gary Davis
- Narrator: Ross Higgins
- Production Manager: Jo Ann McGowan
- Production Assistant: Wendy Chapman
- Additional Research: Michael Murray
- Stills Photographer: Michael Hemmings
- Assistant Editor: Paula Lourie
- Additional Sound: John Henry
- Sound Mix: George Hart
- Film Lawyer: Sally Hansen
- Negative Matching: Chris Rowell Productions
- Laboratory: Video Film Company
- Cinematographer: Steve Arnold
- Sound Recordist: Leo Sullivan
- Cynthia Connop, Vision Quest Films Production.
- This film was made with the participation of the Australion Film Finance Corporation Pty Limited and the Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- ©1989 Cynthia Connop, Vision Quest Films & Australian film Finance Corporation Pty Limited