The Sun Rises in the Evening ~ 01
|date & time||11 Jun 1978 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 41min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutra: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- Do you not see him,
- The really wise man, always at ease, unmoved?
- He does not get rid of illusion,
- Nor does he seek for the (so-called) truth.
- Ignorance is intrinsically the Buddha nature,
- Our illusory unreal body is the cosmic body.
- Getting rid of things and clinging to emptiness
- Is an illness of the same kind;
- It is just like throwing oneself into a fire
- To avoid being drowned.
- When asked 'What is your religion?'
- I answer 'The power of the Makahannya.'
- Sometimes affirming things, sometimes denying them,
- It is beyond the wisdom of man.
- Sometimes with common sense, sometimes against it,
- Heaven cannot make head or tail of it.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|Next in series ►|