The Transmission of the Lamp ~ 29
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time||9 Jun 1986 pm|
|location||Punta Del Este, Montevideo, Uruguay|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 25min. Quality: good.|
|video||Available, duration 1h 26min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, a sociologist has a theory that Western civilization is taking over the whole world. Already the way of life in all the big cities of the world is the same, and wherever there is progress, it is according to the ways of Western civilization.
- It was said that one of the by-products of standardization would be that communism and capitalism would become so similar that they would merge into a world government, so powerful that no minority could exist.
- Is that going to happen, or is there a way to avoid it?
- Question 2
- Beloved Osho, do you think there is any possibility of your being recognized, or even accepted, by mankind during your lifetime?
- You have said you don't care about what happens to you after you leave your body, but for the poor historians who will be struggling with the impossible -- to capture the phenomenon which is Osho -- can you say something about the impact of your presence and your teachings in a future historical context?
- Also, how would you like to be remembered?
- Question 3 from Kaveesha
- Beloved Osho, watching the breath is my meditation. I find it miraculous. Is it a method that needs to be dropped, and if so, does it drop on its own?
- Would you speak more about vipassana meditation?
- Question 4
- Beloved Osho, I understand you to have said that witnessing is not an experience; it is always that which stands back from all experiences, whether they are mental or physical. However, I notice in discourse that whenever witnessing is happening, a certain inner milieu which affects my body and psychological space is created.
- It's as though I step into a certain mode of being which is quite distinct and recognizable from other ways I experience myself at different times.
- Conversely, during the day I can try the reverse process; I recall that milieu with its physical and mental manifestations, and that brings about the space of witnessing.
- Can you put me on the right track if this is off?
- Question 5 from Sw Milarepa
- Beloved Osho, I set my alarm clock at night and trust it to wake me up when the morning comes. I sometimes see the master as an alarm clock that at any moment may ring like crazy and rouse me from my spiritual slumber.
- Osho, am I simply waiting for you to ring?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|