The Transmission of the Lamp ~ 30
|date & time||10 Jun 1986 am|
|location||Punta Del Este, Montevideo, Uruguay|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 35min. Quality: good.|
|video||Available, duration 1h 36min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, in the face of the huge mystery of life, since the early ages humankind has consulted oracles. It's very famous throughout history -- like the Oracle of Delphi. People asked the advice of the stars to know about human destiny; witches or wise women used to read destiny in the tea leaves or even in tortoise shells. The Book of changes and the Aleister Crowley Tarot deck are often used nowadays.
- We use your tarot deck as a meditation to help us to move from the head to the heart in our daily life. But it seems that all oracles are pointing now to the present.
- Just the very fact of your existence in this moment of the universe helps to make simpler our destiny, showing only two alternatives: disappearing or not.
- Osho, would you please comment on this subject?
- Question 2 from Gayan
- Beloved Osho, in one of the festival darshans I was sitting at your feet, bowing down to you, and suddenly found there was no you -- there was only an empty chair. And all the thousands of people were bowing down to an empty chair, sitting in silence with an empty chair, singing and celebrating with an empty chair. I nearly burst out laughing, seeing the ridiculousness of us needing you as an excuse to be able to do all this. But then comes the gratefulness of seeing the caring of existence to let us have beautiful, loving eyes to look at, a voice talking to us, a body we can give a dress to, a car to drive... to let us care about someone so totally, that this very love opens us up to be transformed.
- Buddham sharanam gachchhami -- you are the feet of the whole world for me, where I can bow down in gratefulness.
- Question 3
- Beloved Osho, the other night you spoke of the dark night of the soul -- that state one passes through as one moves from sushupti into turiya.
- Looking at it logically, it seems curious that as one moves towards the ultimate state of awareness, one is -- just before realization -- overcome momentarily by darkness. I would have thought that one would have been gathering more and more awareness, thereby dispelling darkness as one moved through the state of deep meditation -- so deep that there are no longer dreams -- to the point where the watcher is even able to witness sushupti.
- Is it perhaps, analogous to what happens as death approaches? You have spoken of how life suddenly asserts itself at the point of death -- the resurgence of the body's life-force in the face of its extinction. Is the dark night of the soul the final effort of any remaining vestiges of the unconscious to exist before it is totally annihilated by the light of total illumination -- enlightenment?
- Question 4
- Beloved Osho, is it necessary that the innocence of childhood and the idealism of adolescence must always be shattered before each individual finds within himself the capacity to search for what he considers the real values of life?
- Question 5 from Sw Milarepa
- Beloved Osho, Hotei is remembered by the fireworks in his pockets at his funeral. Was your greatest joke the enlightenment list, or do you have something more devilish up your sleeve?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|