The Transmission of the Lamp ~ 33
|date & time||11 Jun 1986 pm|
|location||Punta Del Este, Montevideo, Uruguay|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 32min. Quality: good.|
|video||Available, duration 1h 33min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, looking into what is my enemy number one, I remembered that as a child when my father used to beat me with a belt or sometimes even a whip, I would not cry or in anyway show him I was hurting. As soon as he would let me go, I would sing, thinking over and over again, "I would rather die than surrender."
- This everyday self-hypnosis for years must have created a subtle attitude of passive resistance.
- Being with you I have not had much opportunity to watch this resistance because being available to you and your work is the only thing that matters to me now. But my fear is: How deep has this childish determination not to surrender gone? And how can I allow it to surface?
- Question 2
- Beloved Osho, after two weeks of hypnosis sessions with Kaveesha, I can now see my resistance to relaxation. In looking for a cause for this, I saw that to me, to relax means to be lazy and useless.
- My family would rather be sick than let go of their so-called power, thinking that being busy and frantic means success. I learned their message too well, and now, once more, I need you to redefine a word.
- Would you please explain what relaxation really is?
- Question 3
- Beloved Osho, it always amazes me how chemicals can have such a drastic effect, not only on the body, but also on the mind.
- For example, my new birth control pill contains double the amount of estrogen as my old one; and immediately upon taking it, it threw my body and personality into chaos -- not just physical symptoms such as nausea, but also a sense of dullness and low energy, a brittle tenseness, and a feeling of being completely "off".
- It is so frustrating to feel so helpless in the hands of a few chemicals and hormones. Yet I was amazed to notice that sitting with you in these meetings, all the symptoms disappear. They are there before and afterwards, but not while in your presence.
- What is it about you that influences even the action of chemistry? And is there something we and science can learn from this to help people be more independent in such circumstances?
- Question 4
- Beloved Osho, awakening seems more like a process than a single lightning-bolt type of experience as is often described in Zen stories.
- Could you please say more about the different ways the guest comes to one's doorstep?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|