The Transmission of the Lamp ~ 35
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time||12 Jun 1986 pm|
|location||Punta Del Este, Montevideo, Uruguay|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 9min. Quality: good.|
|video||Available, duration 1h 12min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, in India there is a proverb, "Vasudhaiva kutumbakam: the whole earth is a family". Perhaps this proverb is one thousand years old. Osho, were there really people once who lived like a family? Or was it a vision of some mystic, a vision which you are going to bring to reality?
- Question 2
- Beloved Osho, one day in August, 1985, I was trying with all my efforts to clean the bar of the disco in Rajneeshpuram, and I was sure you would go there that night for the simple reason that the "mama" was so worried that cleaning be perfect! While I was expecting you, I was feeling like a housewife expecting the husband, but I was thinking, "This husband will not nag me, will not criticize my work. He will find everything beautiful."
- And it happened that you entered that saloon so gentle, so full of divine charm; my heart was beating so fast. I have to confess I was pretty ashamed. I was sure that I had fallen in love with you, deeply, incurably.
- And it happened one night in Jesus grove some thirty days later; I was there celebrating you, and in my heart I was a little bit jealous of those beautiful long-haired girls that used to dance with you!
- I always had the inferiority complex of being ugly -- and now, aged! "Oh," I was thinking -- not with anger but with sorrow -- "I would like so much to be pretty now so he would see me!"
- And when I was not expecting it -- surprised -- I saw you coming towards me, gazing at me and dancing and celebrating with me! It was an eternity -- those long, long minutes!
- Osho, when I went to my residence that night, talking to the stars, to the full moon, I was saying, "Now I know somebody loves me! I am sure he loves! We are his beloveds, I am sure of that!" And that certainly changed my life one hundred and eighty degrees. From that day on I have felt warmth inside me -- not the uncomfortable absence I used to have before, but something that gave me extra energy to live and to spread beautiful things that come from you.
- Osho, you always say that we should drop the attachment to you someday, but the only thing I deeply wish in my heart is to be close to you, sharing good and bad moments, until death do us part.
- Can I postpone the moment of dropping the attachment to your presence to another life?
- Question 3
- Beloved Osho, your story the other night about the mystic who asked for volunteers to join him in nirvana produced such a strong sensation in the room!
- Usually when you say, "It can happen now!" I feel, "I've got to get it this time because you've said it so often and it's simply being retarded not to get it." Along with this feeling though, something in me retracts with fear.
- The other night I didn't feel afraid at all. I forgot all the unfinished editing, I forgot all the questions that need gathering. I even forgot that you've told me not to disappear yet. I saw the chance to jump, but the chance didn't see me. Could you please comment?
- Question 4 from Sw Milarepa
- Beloved Osho, if the witness is beyond the body/mind complex, how is it that when the body/mind complex goes to shower in the morning, it doesn't leave the poor witness in the bed?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|