The Transmission of the Lamp ~ 37
|date & time||13 Jun 1986 pm|
|location||Punta Del Este, Montevideo, Uruguay|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 37min. Quality: good.|
|video||Available, duration 1h 38min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, you have described how the ability to communicate his experience is the essence of the master. Yet in you something even more beautiful has happened.
- Buddha conveyed his message to a select few thousand men in the local Pali language -- in response to the failings of Brahminism.
- By comparison, you are talking to millions of men and women from every continent, from every race, from every religion, from every possible background. Rather than being restricted to the shortcomings of Brahminism, you draw from, and synthesize, every spiritual, psychological and scientific element ever conceived by man.
- You were able to express existence in Hindi so poetically that people said you were the finest Hindi speaker alive. On top of that, you are able to do the same in a second, foreign language, to people from these widely differing cultures who are, for the most part, a generation away. You don't just express yourself in that second language, but manage to catch the fine nuances and colloquialisms of everyday speech that usually only natives have a grasp of.
- Osho, is this supreme ability to communicate what makes you the master of masters?
- Question 2 from Avirbhava
- Beloved Osho, after being here with you two months, I will be leaving today.
- Last night I thought that since I might be away for a while it would be a good idea to clear up any problems or issues with the people in the house where I've been living. I was shocked to realize that there were none -- that we had been living in such harmony as I have never experienced before. Nowhere else could thirty people live in one house with so little jealousy, fighting or tension.
- Your miracle is happening -- the new man is being created, your vision is manifesting. We will move on. We will show the world that with you the impossible happens every day.
- Question 3
- Beloved Osho, I often feel that people, particularly men, only see certain facets of me, thinking this is the real me, but deep down I feel misunderstood because I don't know if all these facets are all that I am. But I feel there is much more to me that nobody sees or perhaps wants to see.
- With you I feel the situation is just the opposite: I feel you contact the real me. When I am surrounded by people, it makes me sad that they don't see the real me.
- Could you please say something about this?
- Question 4
- Beloved Osho, it used to take a full glass of wine to get me drunk, but the other night I got completely sloshed on just one third of a glass.
- What is happening here?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|