The Transmission of the Lamp ~ 40
|date & time||15 Jun 1986 am|
|location||Punta Del Este, Montevideo, Uruguay|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 24min. Quality: good.|
|video||Available, duration 1h 30min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, it is said that when Buddha achieved enlightenment the whole universe became blissful -- flowers showered from the sky, deities began to dance around him. Indra, himself, the king of all the devas, came down with folded palms and surrendered at Buddha's feet. Trees began to flower out of season -- the whole existence became a celebration.
- Although the story around Buddha's enlightenment is just poetry, I feel that existence must have enjoyed, and still rejoices much more in your enlightenment. It seems to me that in you all the awakened beings of the past are showering wisdom, love and compassion on this thirsty, agonized planet in a last dramatic effort.
- Osho, what happened when you became enlightened?
- Question 2
- Beloved Osho, when I told you I saw you empty, you said, "Emptiness in you is a 'real' experience." You said that twice. My understanding of the proof of reality is that it -- the observed -- remains with awareness, whereas imagination dissolves.
- Seeing you empty did not return and as much as I try it will not return. And yet something has remained with me, something will not leave me since seeing you like that.
- Is that reality, Osho?
- Question 3
- Beloved Osho, does knowledge of the esoteric play any role on the path of awareness?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|