The Transmission of the Lamp ~ 42
|date & time||16 Jun 1986 am|
|location||Punta Del Este, Montevideo, Uruguay|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 25min. Quality: good.|
|video||Available, duration 1h 30min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, in response to Anando's question the other evening about your place in history, you told us to forget history and historians, to simply let them do their thing. But so much of value is contained in your books which is being made available to contemporary people, and which could be part of a record of a whole different dimension from that which is conventionally regarded as history.
- A new record could be compiled of the real history: the evolution of man's consciousness beginning with primeval man and the first hints of man's awareness of himself, taking in all those who have become awakened, all mystical scriptures and documents, and culminating in you and your work.
- Of all the masters, you have the most eclectic and comprehensive record of your own evolution in consciousness -- from those days immediately following your enlightenment, your days of travelling around India, to Bombay, Poona, Oregon, and now, the world tour.
- In addition, the questions you provoke in us, your disciples, outline the process of our growing consciousness, and are, in themselves, another unique aspect of your work.
- Osho, we have already forgiven you for not allowing us to forget you. We, your editors, just want to ensure that your words and the fragrance that you are haunt people for generations to come and drive them totally sane!
- Question 2
- Beloved Osho, there is a story of a disciple who comes to see his master and asks him whether man is free.
- The master tells his disciple to stand up and to lift one of his feet off the ground. The disciple, standing on one leg -- and the other one in the air -- understands less than before.
- Now the master asks him to also lift the other foot off the ground.
- Osho, can you speak on the difference between freedom for and freedom from?
- Question 3
- Beloved Osho, does it really matter that I can't distinguish imagination from reality?
- If I can be aware that "I am", is this not enough?
- Question 4
- Beloved Osho, Maneesha has her editing, but I'm trying hard; I can't seem to find a good reason myself for not becoming enlightened.
- Can you help me?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|