Until You Die ~ 02
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time
|12 Apr 1975 am
|Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona
|Available, duration 1h 30min. Quality: good.
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Reader of the sutra: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- A young man came to Dhun-nun and said that the Sufis were wrong, and many another thing besides.
- The Egyptian removed a ring from his finger and handed it to him. 'Take this to the market stallholders over there and see whether you can get a gold piece for it,' he said.
- Nobody among the market people offered more than a single silver piece for the ring.
- The young man brought the ring back.
- 'Now,' said Dhun-nun, 'take the ring to the real jeweller and see what he will pay.'
- The jeweller offered a thousand gold pieces for the gem.
- The youth was amazed.
- 'Now,' said Dhun-nun, 'your knowledge of the Sufis is as great as the knowledge of the stallholders is of jewellery. If you wish to value gems, become a jeweller.'
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series
|Next in series ►