Vedanta Seven Steps to Samadhi ~ 02
|date & time||12 Jan 1974 am|
|location||Palace Hotel (Bikaner House),|
Mount Abu, meditation camp
|audio||Available, duration 1h 25min. Quality: good, but a constant noise and questions barely audible (under revision).|
Hindi chant before discourse.
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutra: Ma Yoga Taru, also chanting.
- The sutra
- The sage Sankriti once visited Adityalok, the abode of the sun God,
- And bowing to him he worshipped him with what is known as
- Chakshusmati vidya.
- Aum, salutation to the sun God who illumines the organ of vision!
- Salutation to the sun who is a great warrior!
- Salutation to the sun who represents the three conditionings:
- Tamas, rajas and sattva (dark, red and white)!
- O Lord, from untruth lead me to truth, from darkness lead me to light,
- And from death lead me to the eternal. Salutation to the sun,
- The son of Aditi, who is the light in our eyes.
- And we dedicate all that we have to the sun who rules the universe.
- Much pleased with being worshipped with chakshusmati vidya,
- The sun God said:
- A brahmin who recites this vidya -- knowledge -- every day will not suffer from eye diseases, nor will anyone in his family ever be struck blind.
- The power of this vidya is obtained if it is taught to eight brahmins,
- And knowing it one achieves greatness.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|