Yoga The Alpha and Omega Vol 08 ~ 02
|date & time||12 Apr 1976 am|
|location||Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 28min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: n/a; questions are being read by Osho himself.
- Question 1
- Osho, will your disciples attain by sudden enlightenment, or by a slow, step-by step growth? Is your pathless path for anybody, or only for rare exceptions?
- Question 2
- Patanjali says that through ignorance one accumulates ignorance, one accumulates karma; and previously we have heard you say that until one attains to a certain crystallization, one is not responsible for one's actions -- rather, the divine is the doer, the one responsible. Would you please clear these seeming contradictions?
- Question 3
- Beloved Osho, Ramkrishna used food as an anchorage to remain on the periphery. Is not the compassion enough for returning to the periphery?
- Pardon me for putting a personal question, that is your anchorage?
- Question 4 from P. Gangaram
- I humbly wish to put the following question and sincerely hope you will answer this tomorrow. I have come from singapore and would soon go back.
- This morning, sir, you stated that the ego is the stumbling block and only by overcoming or transcending the ego the fulfillment of our essential nature could be achieved. Thence you said that by concentrating on the sex impulse, one can be enlightened. Don't you think the two statements are contradictory, for if you concentrate on the sexual act or impulse you have become the doer and the egoist?
- We think that only by being detached to the sensual desires, we can achieve the object. I humbly pray you to enlighten the issue and clear the misunderstanding in my mind.
- Question 5
- Yesterday you explained samyama as the synthesis of concentration, meditation, and samadhi. Please explain the difference between samyama and the final enlightenment.
- How come Patanjali has not talked about catharsis whereas you strongly emphasize catharsis?
- Please explain the preparatory antidote for the misuse of psychic powers.
- How can one differentiate if one is undoing his prarabdha karma, destiny, or one is creating new karmas?
- If the time for the death of a person is fixed by seconds, does it mean that man has no freedom to die earlier or prolong his life span?
- Question 6 from Purnima
- Osho, as one drunkard to another, your wine is the sweetest of all.
- Question 7
- Beloved Osho, do you ever tell lies?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|