Yoga The Alpha and Omega Vol 10 ~ 01
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time||1 May 1976 am|
|location||Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 37min. Quality: good.|
Sanskrit chant before discourse.
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- The sutras
- Now begins the last section of patanjali's sutras, Kaivalya Pada.
- 1. The powers are revealed at birth, or acquired through drugs, repeating sacred words, austerities, or samadhi.
- 2. The transformation from one class, species, or kind, into another, is by the overflow of natural tendencies of potentialities.
- 3. The incidental cause does not stir the natural tendencies into activity; it merely removes the obstacels -- like a farmer irrigating a field: he removes the obstacles, and then the water flows freely by itself.
- 4. Artificially created minds proceed from egoism alone.
- 5. Though the activities of the many artificial minds vary, the one original mind controls them all.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|