Zen The Diamond Thunderbolt ~ 09
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|event type||discourse & meditation|
|date & time||20 Jul 1988 pm|
|location||Gautam the Buddha Auditorium, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 18min. Quality: good.|
Osho leading meditation from 1:06:21.
Live music after the discourse.
|video||Available, duration 1h 22min. Quality: inferior (under revision).|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutras: Ma Prem Maneesha. Questions are being read by Osho himself.
After discourse Osho leads No-Mind Meditation.
- The sutras
- Kassan and Jozan were going along, talking together, when Jozan said, "If, within life-and-death, there were no Buddha, there would be no life-and-death."
- Kassan said, "If the Buddha were within life-and-death, there would be no delusion with regard to life-and-death."
- They argued back and forth, and there was no end to it. Finally, they decided to ask Daibai. Kassan said to him, "Of these two opinions, which is the more familiar?"
- Daibai said, "One is familiar, one is distant."
- "Which is the familiar one?" said Kassan.
- "Go away and ask me again tomorrow," responded Daibai.
- The next day Kassan came again and asked. Daibai said, "A familiar one does not ask. One who asks is not familiar."
- Kassan afterwards said, "At that time, when I was with Daibai, I lost my Buddha-eye."
- On another occasion, Hogen asked Hakuyo, "Where is the dwelling place of the Buddha?"
- Hakuyo answered, "No fixed place."
- Hogen objected, "If this is the absolute Buddha, how can it not be fixed, no special place?"
- Hakuyo said, "If it were in a special place, it would not be the absolute Buddha."
- Hogen agreed.
- At another time, a monk said to Kyosei, "What is the meaning of 'the bhagavat in the ten directions is one road to nirvana'?"
- Kyosei said, "In a house, there are not two masters."
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, our lives here, around you, and those of people outside in the world, could hardly be more disparate -- our silence, their insanity.
- What is the connection between what is happening in here and out there?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|