Zen The Path of Paradox Vol 2 ~ 01
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time||21 Jun 1977 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 40min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutra: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- One evening as Shichiri Kojun was reciting sutras a thief with a sharp sword entered, demanding either his money or his life.
- Shichiri told him: 'Do not disturb me. You can find the money in that drawer.' Then he resumed his recitation.
- A little while afterwards he stopped and called: 'Don't take it all. I need some to pay taxes with tomorrow.'
- The intruder gathered up most of the money and started to leave. 'Thank a person when you receive a gift,' Shichiri added. The man thanked him and made off.
- A few days afterwards the fellow was caught and confessed, among others, the offence against Shichiri. When Shichiri was called as a witness he said: 'This man is no thief, at least as far as I am concerned. I gave him the money and he thanked me for it.'
- After he had finished his prison term, the man went to Shichiri and became his disciple.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|