Zen The Path of Paradox Vol 2 ~ 08
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time||28 Jun 1977 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 44min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: n/a; questions are being read by Osho himself.
- Question 1
- The other day you talked about belief-systems. One of my belief-systems was that I am imperfect -- that I have to strive for perfection. Doing the SLS (successful living seminar) I got the feeling that I am perfect as I am right now -- with all my anger, grief, love, hate, sadness, boredom, defences, sex. I think you once said that we are gods but that we just don't recognize it. Please explain the completeness of our beings.
- Question 2
- Is truth a discovery or an invention?
- Question 3
- Says A: if you want to know yourself, you need to sit still. But if you want to be yourself you have to move.
- Says B: if self-knowledge ends in enlightenment, then action must involve endarkenment.
- What do you say, Osho?
- Question 4
- Osho, you don't allow me to settle anywhere. By the time I feel settled, you say something which unsettles me again. Why do you go on creating confusion in your disciples?
- Question 5
- Why is it said that life is stranger than fiction?
- Question 6
- You say we have to drop all the inner voices which our parents, teachers and society have created in us. But now I sometimes have the feeling that your words are becoming something like that in me. How can I manage that?
- Question 7 from Anuprada
- The other day you were giving such a beautiful lecture about dreaming. I wanted so much to listen and understand, but I had to fight to keep my eyes open. Finally, I gave up fighting, lay down and slept for the rest of the lecture. When you said, 'This is what satori is,' I woke up with the feeling of having missed something very essential.
- This is a very stupid question but I don't know how to put it otherwise. Would you please comment about sleeping through lectures?
- Question 8
- Isn't it that every piece of art, and all poetry, arises out of a contradiction, out of the battle between yes and no? Doesn't the end of this fight in us mean silence?
- Question 9
- What is a bastard?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|