Zen The Special Transmission ~ 01
|date & time||1 Jul 1980 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 57min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutra: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- Chao Chou asked Nan Chuan, "What is the Tao?"
- Nan Chuan answered, "The ordinary mind is Tao."
- Chao Chou then asked, "How can one approach it?"
- Nan Chuan replied, "If you want to approach it, you will certainly miss it."
- "If you do not approach it, how do you know it is the Tao?"
- The Tao is not a matter of knowing, nor a matter of not knowing. To know is a delusory way of thinking, and not to know is a matter of insensibility. If one can realize the Tao unmistakably, his mind will be like the great space -- vast, void, and clear. How, then, can one regard this as right and that as wrong?"
- Upon hearing this remark, Chao Chou was immediately awakened.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|Next in series ►|