Zen The Special Transmission ~ 09
|date & time||9 Jul 1980 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 49min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutra: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- A monk was reciting the Diamond sutra: "... If one sees that forms are not forms, he then sees Buddha."
- The master was passing by and heard it. He then said to the monk "You recite wrongly. It goes like this: 'If one sees that forms are forms, he then sees Buddha.'"
- The monk exclaimed, "What you have said is just the opposite to the words of the sutra!"
- The master then replied, "How can a blind man read the sutra?"
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|