Bachchan's Madhushala - Hindi Poetry, Stories, History
This is a podcast about Bachchan's Madhushala, not just the poetry but also stories and experiences. We will recite poems, tell interesting stories and talk about poet's life journey and inspirations. We will discuss the meaning, philosophy and relevance of these Hindi poems today. The first season is dedicated to Madhushala and next we will pick more Hindi / Urdu poems we love.
If you love to read or talk about Hindi / Urdu poetry, or want to discuss Madhushala or other poetry, you can connect with me on Instagram: @_ibnbatuta OR on www.arisudan.com
Thank you for stopping by :-)
- 1 bonus episodes
- time period of hosting
- 25 March 2022
- presenter (producer)
- Arisudan Yadav
- see also
- Podcast host website
Bonus Episode - OSHO Rajneesh and Bachchan's Madhushala | ओशो रजनीश और बच्चन की मधुशाला
- Circa 1950s to 1970s – That there was a bond between Acharya Rajneesh aka OSHO and Dr Harivansh Rai Bachchan is not a common knowledge. There were similarities between Osho’s preaching and the messages from Madhushala even though Madhushala was written when Osho was a toddler. It is said that he was inspired by Madhushala and other poems of Bachchan ji, which is reflected in his sermons and at his Ashrams. Such as – धर्मग्रन्थ सब जला चुकी है जिसके अन्तर की ज्वाला, कर सकती है आज उसी का स्वागत मेरी मधुशाला!
- Or this when it comes to Dhyaan or Meditation - ध्यान किए जा मन में सुमधुर सुखकर, सुन्दर साक़ी का, और चलाचल, पथिक, न तुझको दूर लगेगी मधुशाला!
- Or this when it comes to dancing in a state of trance – आँख चार हों जिसकी मेरे साकी से दीवाना हो, पागल बनकर नाचे वह जो आए मेरी मधुशाला
- There was also a fallout between Osho and Dr Bachchan, how and why? Let’s take a listen :-)
- In between, we also talk about the movie “Rose Island” when re read these lines – फिर मैं नभ-गुम्बद के नीचे नव-निर्मल द्वीप बनाऊँगी, जिस पर हिल-मिल कर बसने को सम्पूर्ण जगत को लाऊंगी
- Welcome to the 16th episode of stories from Madhushala (मधुशाला), Harivansh Rai Bachchan's epic poetry, written in 1935 and part of the trilogy of Madhubala and Madhukalash. This is a podcast of Hindi Poems, Poets, their Stories and a bit of History of India.
- Check out another podcast "Dhai Aakhar" on poetry of Hope, Life and Optimism - https://spoti.fi/2Rvdich
- If you want to join us for an online chit-chat on poetry, please join our meetup group: https://bit.ly/3f0ZSxP
- Do write a review and send your comments. Thanks for listening :-)
- Apple: https://apple.co/3hlGhGP
- Instagram: https://bit.ly/3hDyOXc
- Facebook: https://bit.ly/3f46UCk
- Linkedin: https://bit.ly/2T8CZAp
- YouTube: https://bit.ly/342wYHz
- Website: www.arisudan.com
- 1. Madhushala poetry book written by Dr Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- 2. Autobiographies of Dr Harivansh Rai Bachchan – Kya Bhulun Kya Yaad Karun, Need Ka Nirman Phir, Basere se Door, Dashdwar se Sopan Tak.
- 3. Various YouTube Videos and information from Internet
- Date of broadcast : 25 March 2022
- Duration : 15:04
- Listen to this episode here
- Episode notes :