LoveOsho podcast E016 Vandana
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 14 August 2018.
- Episode E016: How to deal with alcoholism today?
- with Ma Ananda Vandana
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- Vandana is an ex-actress who since the age of 17 wanted something more to her life than just acting. She met Osho in 1974 and lived with him in Poona until 1981. In this episode, Vandana talks about how Osho helped her deal with alcoholism and the unconventional set of recommendations he gave her which honoured her individual freedom and supported her living on the edge.
- Welcome back to the podcast!
- Today our guest is Vandana. Vandana is an ex-actress since the age of 17 who wanted something more than that and eventually arrived to Osho in 1974. Vandana lived with Osho in Poona until 1981.
- She is an honest, intelligent, articulate and insightful look in the world of addiction. Vandana shares what she has received from Osho which helped her deal with alcoholism. Be prepared: this is not going to be the conventional set of recommendations to follow. It’s about honouring individual freedom and living a life on the edge.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Vandana’s background
- Primal therapy as the beginning of Vandana’s journey
- How Vandana arrived to Osho
- How Dynamic Meditation changed Vandana’s life
- What Vandana found in Osho which satisfied her inner yearning
- Osho’s main quality: utter emptiness
- Vandana explains how Osho worked on her as an “on-the-edge” woman
- Vandana explains that the attraction towards alcohol and drugs is an attraction towards the divine
- Vandana talks about how she used alcohol to be wild, free, and go to the edge
- Vandana explains why Dynamic Meditation is not for everyone, only for people hungry for transformation
- Vandana explains what alcoholism is
- Vandana says that if people keep drinking till they die is their choice
- Osho’s private message to Vandana about alcohol
- What Vandana received from Osho that helped her deal with alcohol
- Vandana's morning routine
- Vandana's favourite meditation
- Vandana and Osho today