LoveOsho podcast E029 Maniko
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 13 November 2018.
- Episode E029: Singing for Osho
- with Ma Prem Maniko
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- Tuning to Osho, the “magnificent Buddha”, together with thousands of people in Buddha Hall, bring it all into singing and let it drop into silence, is an indescribable experience that Maniko attempts to put into words in this episode. Maniko was blessed with the gift of hearing music and learnt from Osho how to “get out of the way”. For Maniko the whole existence is a dialogue, an incessant play of call and response and she invites us to sing with the birds, and listen to the music of nature.
- Today our guest is Maniko. Maniko was born into a musical family and has played with many accomplished musicians from around the world. Maniko took sannyas in 1977 and sang for Osho during Darshan.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Maniko came across Osho
- How Maniko started sharing his inner world through music
- Bringing music together for the Master
- Maniko talks about the experience of signing for Osho
- How Maniko helps people connect with the creative power of their voice
- Voice as a creative instrument
- Singing is all about hearing and hearing is related to feeling
- Learning to sing is about putting awareness into hearing
- Everything is a dialogue: the whole existence is call and response
- Singing with the birds and listening to the trees
- How Maniko helps people to develop the capacity for attunement
- Osho’s biggest gift to Maniko
- Maniko’s current projects
- Maniko's morning routine
- Maniko's favourite meditation
- Maniko and Osho today
- see also
- The LoveOsho podcasts