LoveOsho podcast E120 Max Brecher (part 1)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 5 January 2021.
- Episode E120: What really happened to Osho in the usa (part 1)
- with Max Brecher
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- This is a special series investigating the facts surrounding the meteoric rise of Rajneeshpuram and its even faster fall, including Osho’s illegal arrest, secretive detention, alleged poisoning and deportation. Max Brecher has conducted a high-quality investigative journalistic account and shares detailed information, underpinned by solid and robust evidence, about the most controversial aspects of the Rajneeshpuram saga. If you have ever wondered what really happened to Osho in the USA, including the highly disputed relationship between him and Sheela, you will find clear and exhaustive answers in this 2-episode series. This is episode 1.
- Max Brecher is a former New York political journalist, and author of 5 books including A Passage to America, an investigative journalistic account of the events around Rajneeshpuram. A Passage to America systematically explores the complex sequence of events that led to Osho’s deportation and the collapse of a $150 million commune-city in the Oregon desert. Based entirely on historical records and more than a hundred interviews conducted in the United States, Europe and India, the book re-examines old misconceptions in the light of new evidence and proves beyond a doubt that there was a conspiracy against Osho and his message.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- 02.20 - Max’s background and motivation for writing the book
- 05.00 - How Max managed to interview high government officials
- 12.20 - How Max financed his huge project
- 15.10 - Osho’s visa and immigration status
- 20.10 - The issue of land use and the conflict with the residents
- 25.25 - Sannyasins’ accomplishments: building a city centrally located in the middle of nowhere
- 27.50 - SWAT Team and National guard preparing to storm the commune
- 33.50 - Osho is arrested illegally without a warrant, detained for 12 days and allegedly slow poisoned with thallium and radioactive sources
- 46.40 - Max’s view on Wild Wild Country
- 50.20 - Evidence of Osho’s involvement in the crimes
- Music and Voice by Chinmaya Dunster