Tao Upanishad Bhag 1 ~ 02
ताओ उपनिषद, भाग एक ~ 02
|date & time||20 Jun 1971 pm|
|location||Palm Beach High School, Bombay|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 39min. Quality: good (under revision).|
|online text||find a PDF transcript of this event|
- The sutra
- (Conceived of as) having no name, it is the originator of heaven and earth; the named is the mother of all things.
- Question 1
- Bhagwan Sri, why has this silent manifestation of the unknown been given different basic names like, heaven, earth, matter and consciousness? Why has the manifestation of the absolute not been given?
- Question 2
- Bhagwan Sri, you said yesterday that whatever can be named, is not the eternal, the permanent, truth. All names given to the supreme truth are only meant to serve a purpose. But many have reached the 'name-less' by the sadhana of nam-sumiran (repetition of name). Please explain why you say that with the help of the changing name, one cannot reach the changeless.
- Question 3
- If consciousness can be determined fully, then what is the difference between it and the elements of matter? When nothing is to be done and only 'to be' is the sole aim what will not be the difference between such a state and abstruse tranquillity? What is the motive behind the existence of consciousness for our ego. What is the difference between the existence of a wooden chair and that of the existence of a no-thought mind?
- Question 4
- Bhagwan Sri, first you explained that when you meet God, the secret is unfolded and you know you have seen him before. Another thing you said, that nothing exists; what is, is him alone. Today also you pointed out that matter and consciousness are one and the same. This that is all the same, this God that is the same, is it this very state or something beyond?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|