Tao Upanishad Bhag 2 ~ 06
ताओ उपनिषद, भाग दो ~ 06
|date & time||3 Feb 1972 pm|
|location||Sydenham College, Bombay|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 22min. Quality: good (under revision).|
|online text||find a PDF transcript of this event|
- The sutra
- Colour's five hues, from the eyes their sight will take
- Music's five notes, the ears as deaf can make.
- The five flavours deprive the mouth of taste.
- The chariot course, and the wild hunting waste
- Make mad the mind; and objects rare and strange.
- That are sought for, make men's conduct to evil change.
- Therefore, the sage seeks to satisfy (the craving of) the navel,
- And not the (insatiable longing of the) eyes.
- He puts from him the latter, and prefers to seek the former.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|