The Beloved (2020)
- From the film's website:
- A film by Joseph London.
- "An epic meditation on the audacious living experiment and untold aftermath of the Rajneesh sannyasin movement in Fremantle, Western Australia, as told by sannyasins and ex-sannyasins."
- "The Beloved is a 260 minute documentary in three parts.
- The film is structured around voice and landscapes of present-day Fremantle, archival imagery and natural sound, and foregrounds the process of coming-to-terms with the aftermath of the movement and the experience of discipleship."
- "In 1981, a group known as “the Orange People,” established a large, vibrant commune and ashram in the centre of Fremantle, Western Australia. They were disciples of the controversial spiritual teacher, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, and devotees to his worldwide movement.
- In their vision for a higher consciousness revolution, they would experience a spectacular and public rise and fall in the space of a few years."
- 4h 20min in 3 parts
A film by Joseph London