The UTA Band
aka The Cologne Satsang Band
Since the beginning days of the Cologne Satsang Band in 1980, many musicians with all kinds of different talents have joined the band, stayed for a while and most of them left again. It must have been something between one and two hundred musicians passing through.
Musicians changed, the spirit stayed and deepened with the years.
In 2004 the music was recorded for the first time. In the beginning nobody was interested in recording the music because it happens in the HERE-NOW and is a spontanious happening. It comes and it goes. Nothing remains.
In 2004 Parijat started recording the music to be able to listen to the music also at home. I guess because he simply enjoyed it. More recordings followed and some time the idea came up to share it with other people.
And it goes on and on and on …
- various artists incl.
- Abha : Vocals, Keyboard
- Abodha : Drums
- Amar : Drums
- Ashvabodhi : Vocals, Guitar
- Basera : Vocals, Guitar, Bass
- Chandira : Piano, Bass, Vocals
- Deven : Vocals
- Hauke : Bass, Guitar
- Ishu : Sax
- Manju : Bass
- Najma : Violin
- Nandin : Flute, Keyboard, Vocals
- Nirdosh : Keyboards
- Parijat : Guitar, Keyboard
- Pravira : Violin
- Premendra : Percussion. Fretless Bass
- Raji : Vocals, Percussion
- Ranvita : Percussion, Vocals
- Shakya : Cello, Dilruba
- Tanmayo : Violin, Vocals
- Thomas : Guitar, Tambura
- 2004 / 2009 : Cologne Satsang Music, Vol 1
- 2004 / 2009 : Cologne Satsang Music, Vol 2
- 2004 / 2009 : Cologne Satsang Music, Vol 3
- 2006 / 2009 : Cologne Satsang Music, Vol 4
- 2009 : Cologne Satsang Music, Vol 5
- sample tracks
- After the Rain
- see also
- The UTA Band on facebook