The Wisdom of the Sands Vol 1 ~ 02
|date & time||22 Feb 1978 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 41min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: n/a; questions are being read by Osho himself.
- Question 1
- Why are you against ascetic practices? Are they not religious? Is not asceticism a path to God?
- Question 2
- You spoke today of the necessity of having a transparent mind so one can see more clearly, thus eliminating the necessity of choice.
- Are not desires, which stem only from the ego, the sole cause of the muddying of the mind? Then, with no desires, there is no need for choice. Things simply happen.
- The problem then comes right back to eliminating the ego and the desires. It seems to be a vicious circle whose hold is broken either
- 1. Through a gradual process of attrition of ego and desires, spanning many lives, or,
- 2. Through cutting tangent to the circle by taking the leap or gamble into the unknown.
- The second method seems to be the preferable one, but where does the motivation come from to break out of the circle? Action is generally motivated by some desire.
- One can let things happen, or one can act, which again means choice.
- Question 3
- What stands in the way of my saying yes to life, to surrendering totally, and is it always right to say yes?
- Question 4
- 'Trust in Allah but tether your camel first' -- I love this Sufi saying, but I don't know who or what the camel is.
- Question 5
- What is the law of karma?
- Question 6
- What is intensity?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|