Be Still and Know ~ 06
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time
|6 Sep 1979 am
|Buddha Hall, Pune
|Available, duration 1h 43min. Quality: good.
|Available, duration 0h 17min. Quality: good. Incomplete: missing Q1, Q3 - Q7 and Osho leaving. Present: Osho arriving and Q2.
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Reader of the questions: n/a; questions are being read by Osho himself.
- Question 1 from Ma ? Zareen
- Osho, can you clear this confusion in me? The other day at discourse you talked about the different ways and paths to God. The Christian feels his is the only way, the Moslem feels his is the only way, and so on. Now all of us here, your entire following -- don't we too believe that yours is the most appealing and therefore the only way? Then what is the difference? I cannot seem to figure it out and yet I am sure there is difference.
- Question 2 from Mahendra Singh
- Osho, why don't you give your disciples a certain mode of conduct? Isn't a moral character necessary for a spiritual life?
- Question 3 from Anand Marita
- Osho, once someone asked me the meaning of the Christian God, and I answered spontaneously, "Love, trust, fear of death."
- At that time, after years of a well-conditioned outside life and a repressed inner world, love and trust happened to me as an intense inner opening and an overflowing of energy. It happened just when I heard of you and started doing the meditations. From the outside it seemed like madness, but in all the craziness I got a clear, strong feeling of an energy which moves me somewhere I have searched for all the time.
- On the other side, great fear came up. Fear of death, connected with a childhood picture of an ancient god who had the power to punish human beings with death and eternal darkness. This feeling of fear still creates a certain heaviness in my mind and stops the natural flow of energy.
- Osho, can you speak about fear and death.
- Question 4 from Sw Shivananda
- Osho, why do you speak a strange kind of English? -- Although I love it.
- Question 5 from Samadhi
- Osho, who are you?
- Question 6 from Bodhi
- Osho, the devil seems to be as popular as Mao Tse Tung these days. Why? Why is the devil so attractive?
- Question 7 from Ma ? Madira
- Osho, why are you against the pundits and the learned people? Aren't they the experts that are running the world?
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series
|Next in series ►