Beyond Psychology ~ 28
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time
|26 Apr 1986 am
|Punta Del Este, Montevideo, Uruguay
|Available, duration 1h 28min. Quality: good.
|Available, duration 1h 29min. Quality: good.
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, I have carried this sutra you spoke on in Poona with me for many years. It reads:
- The Buddha said,
- It is better to feed one good man
- Than to feed one hundred bad men.
- It is better to feed one who observes
- The five precepts of Buddha
- Than to feed one thousand good men.
- It is better to feed one srotapanna
- Than to feed ten thousand of those
- Who observe the five precepts of Buddha.
- It is better to feed one skridagamin
- Than to feed one million of srotapannas.
- It is better to feed one anagamin
- Than to feed ten millions of skridagamins.
- It is better to feed one arhat
- Than to feed one hundred millions of anagamins.
- It is better to feed one pratyak buddha
- Than to feed one billion of arhats.
- It is better to feed one of the buddhas
- Either of the present or of the past or of the future
- Than to feed ten billions of pratyak buddhas.
- It is better to feed one who is above
- Knowledge, one-sidedness, discipline, and
- Enlightenment than to feed one hundred billions of
- Buddhas of past, present, or future.
- It says so much about your height and our darkness, and has produced two feelings in me: The blessing and joy of being in your magnificence, and the arduousness of how far we have to travel just to have a taste of your consciousness.
- Would you please speak on this again?
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series
|Next in series ►