Bhaj Govindam ~ 07
भजगोविन्दम् मूढ़मते ~ 07
|date & time||17 Nov 1975 am|
|location||Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 11min. Quality: good (under revision).|
|online text||find a PDF transcript of this event|
- The sutra
- One who has read even a little of the Gita, has drunk even one drop of Ganges water and has worshipped God even a little, Yama, the god of death, cannot destroy him.
- Oh God, protect me from this troublesome world where one has to be born again and again, die again and again, and fall into the womb of a mother again and again, and take me to the other shore.
- He who has made his robe out of the rags from the roadside, whose path is free of the thought of sin and virtue, who is engrossed in yoga, such a yogi sometimes plays like a child and sometimes like a madman.
- Who are you? Who am I? From where have I come? Who is my mother? Who is my father? Contemplate over these questions, and then you will find that the world and its worry is meaningless and dreamlike, and you will become free of this bad dream.
- The same divine resides in you, in me and everywhere else. By becoming intolerant towards me you are getting angry in vain. So, dropping this ignorance of discrimination in everything, see only yourself in all.
- Do not waste your energy over such matters as enemy and friend, son and brother, war and treaty. If you want to attain to the feet of the divine soon, maintain equanimity in everything everywhere.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|