Hyakujo The Everest of Zen ~ 06
|event type||discourse & meditation|
|date & time||1 Oct 1988 pm|
|location||Gautam the Buddha Auditorium, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 18min. Quality: good.|
Osho leading meditation from 53:26.
More than 10 minutes of live music after the discourse.
|video||Available, duration 1h 24min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutra: Ma Prem Maneesha. Questions are being read by Osho himself.
After discourse Osho leads No-Mind Meditation.
- The sutra
- Once a taoist, happening to pass by Hyakujo's monastery, asked, "Is there anything in the world more marvelous than the forces of nature?"
- Hyakujo replied, "There is."
- "And what is that?" the taoist inquired.
- Hyakujo said, "The power of comprehending those natural forces."
- The visitor asked, "Is cosmic vitality the Tao?"
- Hyakujo responded, "Cosmic vitality is cosmic vitality. The Tao is the Tao."
- The taoist said, "If so, they must be two different things?"
- Hyakujo said, "That which knows does not proceed from two different persons."
- The exasperated taoist replied, "What is wrong and what is right?"
- Hyakujo replied, "Wrong is the mind that attends to externals; right is the mind that brings externals under control."
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, what is the urge to understand?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|