Kyozan A True Man of Zen ~ 01
|event type||discourse & meditation|
|date & time||3 Dec 1988 pm|
|location||Gautam the Buddha Auditorium, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 57min. Quality: good.|
Osho leading meditation from 1:36:58.
Live music after the discourse.
|video||Available, duration 1h 55min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutra: Ma Prem Maneesha. Questions are being read by Osho himself.
After discourse Osho leads No-Mind Meditation.
- The sutra
- Once, when he was still with his master, Kyozan said to Isan, "Where does the real Buddha dwell?"
- Isan replied, "By means of the subtlety of thoughtless thought, contemplate the boundless spiritual brightness. Contemplate it until returning to the ground of being, the always abiding nature, and its form of the undichotomous principle. This is the real Buddha."
- On hearing this, Kyozan was enlightened.
- Later, when Kyozan had become a master himself, Isan sent him a mirror as a gift. When he went to the hall where his monks were assembled, Kyozan held up the mirror and said to the assembly, "Please say whether this is Isan's mirror or Kyozan's mirror. If someone can give a correct reply, I will not smash it."
- No one answered, and Kyozan smashed the mirror.
- Question 1 from Maneesha
- Our Beloved Master, is our original face that of the witness? Is it that we live as amnesiacs, forgetting that we have only arbitrarily adopted a body and mind, and that enlightenment is simply regaining our memory?
- P.S. Why do you call me "poor" Maneesha?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|Next in series ►|