Letter written on 26 Mar 1961 pm
This is one of hundreds of letters Osho wrote to Ma Anandmayee, then known as Madan Kunwar Parakh. It was written in the evening of 26th March 1961 on his personal letterhead stationery of the day: The top left corner reads: Rajneesh / Darshan Vibhag (Philosophy Dept) / Mahakoshal Mahavidhalaya (Mahakoshal University). The top right reads: Nivas (Home) / Yogesh Bhavan, Napiertown / Jabalpur (M.P.). Many likely earlier letters on this letterhead have had the number 115 added in by hand before "Yogesh Bhavan" to complete his address; this does not.
This letter does not have Osho's usual salutation, "प्रिय मां", Priya Maan, Dear Mom, but instead "पूज्य मां", Pujya Maan, Revered Mother. There are none of the handwritten marks of various colours found on most earlier letters except some pale blue squiggles in the top left of unknown significance. PS sheet has a small group of pale blue, non-circled marks in the middle left part of the letter whose meaning and import is not clear.
Second sheet headed with the word "पुनश्च", punashch, "Postscript", followed by three sections, the first addressed to "श्री पारख जी", Shree Parakh Ji, Anandmayee's husband, and the second to Padam, which similar to one of those addressed in the Letter written on 1 Mar 1961 am, and last part of PS addressed to Ma. See translation of PS below.
This letter has been published, in Bhavna Ke Bhojpatron Par Osho (भावना के भोजपत्रों पर ओशो) on p 87-88 (2002 Diamond edition).
मैं स्वस्थ और प्रसन्न हूँ।
जीवन बहुत मधुर और आनंद पूर्ण हो उठा है। प्रभु की गीत-पंक्तियां दिशा दिशा से आकर मेरे अंतस की अतिथि शाला को सौंदर्य से भरने लगी हैं।
अपूर्व और अखंड आनंद-सागर कितना निकट है और फिर भी हम जन्म जन्मांतर से प्यासे बने रहे हैं! यह खेल भी खूब रहा है। यह आंख-मिचौनी अद्भुत थी। पर यह तो अब दीख रहा है। न दीखने पर कितना दुख ढ़ोया है? उसकी कोई गणना है क्या? दीखआने पर पर्दे उठ जाते हैं : रात्रि दिवस बन जाती है। दुख में छिपा आनंद प्रगट हो जाता है। सव में छिपा प्रभु फिर कितना हंसता है – कितना हंसता है!
कल तो मैं बार बार अपने से कहने लगा : "रुदिन के दिवस गये। आनंद युग का प्रारंभ हुआ है।"
यह हाथ उठाकर सब से कह देना है : इस आनंद को सबसे बांट लेने का मन है। बांटने से यह बढ़ता है : पूरा बांट देने से पूर्ण होआता है। इसका गणित और ही है। यहां शून्य ही पूर्ण होता है।
सबको मेरे प्रणाम।
श्री पारख जी को –
चि. पदम् को –
मां को –
In PS Osho addresses to:
- Shree Parakh Ji - “Received your kind letter. I am very grateful. How nice it would have been that I could come to Rajasthan with you! But I don’t have holidays during those (propsed) days. Colleges get closed from 1 May in Madhya Pradesh hence it won’t be possible to come along, this time. How is your health now? I hope by now you might have returned back home from Madras and must be healthy. Accept my humble pranam.”
- Chi. Padam - “Your letter was received. I couldn’t even reply and it’s so late now what to reply is not possible to make out. Do not be unhappy and do write letters. I am pleased to know that Ma is relieved of heavy nasal conjuction. I want to scold you really for one thing – it’s OK that Ma didn’t inform about her bad health, but you should have informed me.”
- Ma –
- (1) “It’s good what you wrote about Pachmadhi (holidaying / family vacation tour). I will get holidays from 1st May. After that May and June are free – inform me the dates on which it’s comfortable to visit, now itself; so that I don’t take up any work on my head during those dates.
- (2) Kranti had sent a letter before 15-20 days, also along with 5 photos of me and you - taken with AGFA. Didn’t you receive that letter?
- (3) Letters of Sheel, Verma Ji and Nahar have come from Bareli. All possibilities are seen in Sheel. All recalled (remembered) about you. Rest OK. I will be going to Bombay on 28th March and returning back on 1 or 2 April.