LoveOsho podcast E054 Shivananda
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 2 July 2019.
- Episode E054: Designing books for Osho
- with Sw Shivananda
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- Shivananda has been uncompromising with Osho since the 70s when he went back to his homeland Switzerland, a notoriously conservative society, in full swing orange robe and mala. Shivananda has filtered his friends by being openly a sannyasin. During his time in the communes, Shivananda experienced Osho as his “Art Director”, whilst designing his books. Osho chose 29 of Shivananda’s paintings for the cover.
- Today our guest is Shivananda. Shivananda took sannyas in 1978 and is a graphic designer, painter and musician. Shivananda loves playing the guitar and facilitates painting and singing workshops.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Shivananda came across Osho
- Being uncompromisingly with Osho in the conservative Switzerland of the 70s
- The law of filtering friends by being a sannyasin
- Designing Osho books and working as graphic designer for Osho
- Osho helps Shivananda to develop as a multidimensional artist
- Shivananda describes how Osho loved painting with a particular pen from Italy
- Osho loves abstract paintings
- Osho choses 29 of Shivananda’s paintings for the book cover
- Shivananda talks about the Creative Arts Department
- Shivananda’s current projects
- Shivananda's morning routine
- Shivananda's favourite meditation
- Shivananda and Osho today